Chrysalis Therapeutic Support Services (Chrysalis) mission is to provide high-quality Behaviour Support Services for adults and children living with disabilities. We work collaboratively with each individual’s and their care system, family and supporters to improve their quality of life.
Chrysalis Offers the Following Therapeutic Supports
- Specialist Behaviour Support (for all age groups utilising a person-centred Trauma Informed approach)Community access (support to participate and belong in the community)
- Therapeutic supports (1:1, Group and Family therapy
- Family support, which includes therapeutic supports with the aim of preventing serious difficulties and offering early intervention
- Therapeutic work and multi-systemic therapy support for children, young people and families already known to Family and Community Services
- Workshops for carers, families and participants
- Workshops for professionals
- Trauma-Informed Supervision for Social Work Practitioners (1:1 & peer group)
Chrysalis’s policies and procedures are socially inclusive to provide safe therapeutic relationships for our clients.
Our service delivery is transparent, flexible & mobile. We travel to you at a location that works for you; your family home, hospital, clinic, group home, school or aged care facility.
Chrysalis provides ‘evidence-based’, ‘trauma-informed’ treatment options so our clients can build a secure foundation to support their recovery. We collaborate with our clients and their support network to scaffold each person’s unique journey as they develop new skills, and slowly increase their tolerance and desire for change.
As our clients begin to enjoy safer relationships we see an increase in their capacity to communicate their needs, regulate their emotions and take control of their own futures. Our job is to assist our clients to stay focussed on their functional skills, building social capital and their quality of life.
We join forces with our clients and their carers to create the future that they want and to return control and decision-making powers back to the client. Even small acts of self- determination can increase the quality of life of that person.
Chrysalis provides trauma-informed, person-centred, positive behaviour support for people who have experienced:
- Developmental trauma
- Adverse childhood experiences
- Psycho-social disability
- Physical and intellectual disability
- Children and young people in OOHC
- Childhood sexual abuse
- Aftercare for young people in OOHC
- Domestic and Family violence support
- Trauma recovery support for refugee’s resettling
Chrysalis’s core values are in line with with the Australian Association of Social Worker (AASW) Code of Ethics (2010), the NSW disability Services Act (1993) in action and NSW Positive Behaviour Support Policy (2012).
- The right to be treated with dignity and respect.
- The right to individual autonomy, independence and the freedom to make their own choices about their lives
- The right not be discriminated against because of their ability, culture, age, gender, sexuality, religion or geographic location
- The right to be valued, effective and active participants within their relationships, communities, families, and workforce
- The right to having access to the same opportunities as all other members of society
- The right to have access to information in easily understood formats
- The right to realise their individual skills, capabilities, dreams and capacity.
- The right to create their future free from any kind violence or oppression.
To know more about Intellectual Disability click here